Hi, friends! Welcome back to Stylishly Good Vibes! I’m finally getting around to writing this blog post about Bonnaroo—a month after the festival. But hey, better now than never!
I’m writing this post for the girlie pops who love their skincare routines and using real bathrooms LOL! This year’s Bonnaroo was my first music festival experience, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it! So, I figured I would share my tips for how I survived the four days at Bonnaroo!
Prepping & Packing
The most crucial step, if ya ask me! With Bonnaroo, or any music festival, you want to bring everything you “think” you’ll logically need without overpacking. Easier said than done, I know.
I won’t list out everything I brought with me, because you can find lists everywhere on the internet. What I will do is tell you the things I found to be absolutely critical to my Bonnaroo survival!
- Portable charger (This one’s pretty obvious)
- No-rinse body wipes (I did not shower there because the setup grossed me out. I wiped down with these wipes morning and evening)
- Toilet paper (The last thing you want is to get stuck in a porta potty with no TP)
- Bandana (This is something I didn’t bring, but wish I did. I had a cough for 3 weeks post-festival because of the dust)
- Protein-filled snacks (Peanut butter, nuts, granola bars, you name it! If you have food allergies, you best come prepared with options to eat at camp)
- Water jug (Makes it so much easier to fill up on water without having to wait in a massive line more than once a day)
- Compact mirror
- Handheld fan
- Bug spray
The Food Situation
As far as festival food goes, I was pretty unimpressed with the gluten-free selection at Bonnaroo. I ate GF pizza every single night because it was the one thing I knew wouldn’t give me a stomachache.
I would argue it’s best to plan on having one meal at camp and one meal in the venue!
If you’re a coffee lover like me, you might want to consider bringing a mini stove and coffee percolator! This was a game-changer for us to get the day started. Overall, bring the snacks—all the snacks—you think you’re going to eat. You will not regret it!
Stay Hydrated, My Friends
Imagine yourself in the middle of a field in the summer with the sun blazing on your skin. That’s Bonnaroo for ya! Having drinks is fun and all, but you need to stay hydrated throughout the day. It’s so hot, and really easy to get overheated!
Take a beat and stand in the shade every hour or so and drink lots of water!
You guys know me pretty well by now, which means it should come as no surprise that I was planning my outfits more than a month in advance.
Looking back on my outfits, I’m happy with all the options I chose. You can really have fun with how you style your outfits at Bonnaroo, but light layers are going to be your best friend. A lot of people I saw were wearing bathing suits, but I wanted my outfit to be a whole LOOK!
Think lightweight bras, maxi skirts, mini dresses, and hats! You gotta bring a hat!
Well, I think that’s all I’ve got for you today! Need more Bonnaroo survival tips? Leave me a comment on this post!
Until next time!